Scholarship Application & Requirements
Updated: Oct 27
American Legion Post 189 Scholarship requirements
This scholarship application is open to all seniors attending high schools in Watertown, Wisconsin. Additionally, home school seniors residing in Watertown are also eligible to apply. All applicants must meet the requirements outlined below to be considered for selection.
The American Legion Post 189 Scholarship consists of three possible award levels:
1. Provide proof that a family member of the applicant has honorably served in the United States Armed Forces (example: Name, Branch, Years of Service in peacetime or wartime).
2. Provide proof that the applicant has been accepted as a full-time student at a fully accredited college or university.
3. The authorization to complete the application must be signed by both the student and a parent.
4. Submit a completed scholarship application along with the required supporting documentation by mailing a physical copy to:
American Legion Post 189
ATTENTION: Service Officer - Scholarship Application
206 S 1st St
Watertown, WI 53094
5. Note: The application must be postmarked no later than the last week of March.
The following factors shall be considered by American Legion Post 189 judges in deciding the relative merit of applicant and in arriving at final selection.
1. Moral Character-Commitment to the American way of life and its institutions.
2. Academic excellence of the applicant.
3. Participation and accomplishment in Community, Church, or extra-curricular activities.
4. Based on financial need.